2017-18 Music Instrument Rental Agreement & Payment Form
The Portland Public Schools (PPS) Musical Instrument Rental Agreement & Payment Form allows the district to track music instrument inventory and protect the investment from loss and wear and tear. It also helps to assure accountability and equity across the district so any student will have access to playing an instrument if they so choose. Permission to use PPS instruments involves filling out a rental contract, paying the fee (waived for free/reduced meals families and Title I schools) and coordinating the use of the instrument with your school's music teachers. Please review the following:
A rental contract is REQUIRED if your student is enrolled in a PPS instrumental music class and if they will be using a PPS-owned school instrument. Start the process by following the numbered steps below:
- Your student will be assigned an instrument by their PPS music teacher.
- A hard copy of a contract will be given to you by the music teacher.
- AFTER being assigned an instrument, fill out the contract and make the rental payment.
- Payments can be made by check or credit/debit card.
- Debit/credit card payments are made through your SchoolPay account. You must attach a copy of your receipt with your the hard copy of your signed rental contract.
- Checks must be attached to your rental contract. Both must be turned in at the same time.
- The contract and check or SchoolPay receipt must be submitted directly to your music teacher. If your family qualifies for free/reduced meals, you are still required to fill out the rental form; however, free/reduced meal status allows your family to waive the rental fee. To receive the waiver, fill out the section on the contract pertaining to your status.
- If you have questions about the form and/or the process for renting music instruments, please contact your school's music teacher.
PPS instruments can be checked out to students at any point during the school year and must be returned to your PPS music teacher at the end of the school year.
DEBIT/CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS CAN BE MADE ONLINE. PLEASE ATTACH A COPY OF YOUR RECEIPT TO THE PAPER CONTRACT RECEIVED BY YOUR PPS MUSIC TEACHER. SEE LINK BELOW:
Please note: a student must be assigned an instrument in order to complete the contract & payment process.
- E-SUBMIT INSTRUMENT RENTAL PAYMENT (submit if you're paying by debit/credit card)
- INFORMATION REGARDING SCHOOLPAY ACCOUNTS
LINKS BELOW FOR TEACHER USE OR APPROVAL ONLY:
- PRINTABLE INSTRUMENT RENTAL CONTRACT (hand deliver to your music teacher if you're paying by check)
- CONTRATO DE INSTRUMENTO MUSICAL: VERSIÓN DE PAPEL (sin Título 1)
- E-SUBMIT PAYMENT AND PRINT RECEIPT (SchoolPay online payments only)
- CEP/TITLE 1 PRINTABLE INSTRUMENT RENTAL CONTRACT (Only for schools on the approved CEP list)
- CONTRATO DE INSTRUMENTO MUSICAL: VERSIÓN DE PAPEL (Título 1/CEP escuela solamente)